Buyer - August 22, 2022
BW Gold is a wholly owned subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc (“Artemis”). Artemis is listed on the TSX Venture exchange, and is a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company with strong financials aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Our current project is the recently acquired Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia approximately 160km southwest of Prince George and 450km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization with strong financials and depth of experience that is focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. You will have the ability to make a significant contribution to shaping the Environmental function. Blackwater is an advanced-stage mine development project which received its environmental assessment approvals in 2019 and is proceeding towards permitting, with the goal of commencing construction in 2022. The Company published a feasibility study in September 2021 which reflects proven and probably reserves of 8Moz of gold at 0.78g/t, a low strip ratio of 2:1 and a net present value of C$2.15B at a long-term gold price of US$1,600.
Accountable for assisting the Supply Chain department in sourcing goods and services for the project site. The Buyer will work on requirements, compile specifications, seek for quotations and issue purchase orders and expedite goods them until they are received in the warehouse. Solid supply chain knowledge will be essential to deliver required performance, demonstrating transparency & open communications on meeting requirements. This role will report to Supply Chain Manager.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Responsible for administering, coordinating and processing purchasing orders for goods and services for the organization. Ensure consistency and compliance with BW Gold’s terms and conditions, guidelines, procedures and standards.
- Source out requirements and identify and select vendor to purchase goods and services, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality, safety and delivery date.
- Competent at resolving complex sourcing issues by regularly assisting end-users in the process of purchasing of goods and adjudication of services.
- Support the execution of BW Gold’s purchasing strategy, policies and guidelines regarding materials categories and contracts, cost savings and other performance metrics
- Liaise between suppliers and relevant internal departments throughout entire purchasing process to schedule deliveries, resolve material discrepancies, review warranty claims with end-users support and process invoices discrepancies.
- Acquire materials according to the operations requirements, obtaining the best total cost of ownership, term of execution and quality conditions.
- Expedite open purchase orders to ensure supplier to ship them in a timely fashion
- Complete assigned tasks assigned in timely and efficient manner
- Monitoring and resolving issues with invoices related to purchase orders in the Pronto ERP.
- Develop and foster successful relationships with stakeholders and key suppliers
- Maintain the confidentiality of all Corporation information.
- Know and comply with the current Mining Safety and Health regulations and Loss Prevention procedures of BW Gold
- Demonstrate social awareness, commitment, and compliance with BW Gold’s Social Responsibility Policy.
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to all Corporation policies, procedures
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with a wide variety of people
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a very fast-paced environment and complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Knowledge of end-to-end supply management processes including competitive bidding, contract management and supplier performance management
- An experienced buyer (> 3 years), familiar with the mining / energy industry
- Familiarity with suppliers in Prince George and the region would be considered an asset
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field, or a combination of education and work experience
- Competent computer skills using office software such as Excel, MS Office and Power Point and Pronto ERP (Preferable)
- Completion &/or currently taking Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) courses - Preferable.
How to Apply:
We ask that any interested candidates submit your CV’s to email@example.com with “BW Gold – Buyer” in the subject line of their email.
We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest. Preference will be given to qualified applicants from local Indigenous communities. Members of Indigenous communities should clearly identify their status on their resume, as this an important consideration for this position.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.Apply Now