Construction Manager - December 8, 2022
BW Gold Ltd. is a subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc., listed on the TSX Venture exchange, a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Our current focus is the Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia approximately 160km southwest of Prince George and 450km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization with strong financials and depth of experience that is focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. You will have the ability to make a significant contribution to the project team as the Company pursues the disciplined development of the Blackwater Project. Blackwater is an advanced-stage development project which received its environmental assessment approvals in 2019 and is proceeding towards permitting, with the goal of commencing major construction in 2023. The Company published a Feasibility Study in September 2021 which reflects a 22-year mine life, a low strip ratio of 2:1 and a net present value of C$2.15B at a long-term consensus gold price of US$1,600/oz.
We are looking for an experienced Construction Manager with a strong infrastructure building & Civil background. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations by developing and monitoring project performance against project plans/schedules to ensure the project is completed on time and within budget. You support your team members in their development goals to help them look for opportunities to advance their skills.
Location of Position
The role is based at the Blackwater Project site which is 165 km Southwest of Prince George, BC.
This position will be on a 5 weeks on 2 weeks off rotation with attractive compensation package.
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Reporting to the VP Construction, the Construction Manager will act as the Owner’s representative on site.
- Manage and supervise the construction management team assigned to the Project.
- Responsible for overall construction activities and execution of the works in accordance with project cost, schedule, quality and HSSE objectives.
- ln conjunction with the H&S Manager, the Construction Manager is responsible for leading, managing, assisting and monitoring of employees to provide a safe environment for all personnel during the construction phase.
- Ensuring that provisions have been made for resources and training necessary to carry out the project H&S program and ensure that the policies and procedures are communicated and applied throughout the project site organization.
- Support the pre-operational construction verification activities to ensure that the facilities can be commissioned on time and within budget.
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Promote overall compliance of BW Gold HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, drawings, and applicable building codes and ensures that quality standards are maintained & recorded periodically as required.
- Develops and maintains the project schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates.
- Maintains and tracks billings, reports and projections and implements construction work within financial targets and constraints.
- Completion of post-secondary education in Construction trades, Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years of related experience on a large mining or construction projects
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner's interest, clearly define expectations, and provide incentive to perform.
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets with superior contract negotiation skills
- A track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with clients, owners and consultants.
- Capacity to respond to stakeholder requests and an ability to communicate complex information clearly and in appropriate style.
- Expert knowledge of materials means and methods, and equipment involved in the construction of heavy works.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting contract requirements, including contractor/client negotiations.
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to maintain professional and effective working relationships with BW Gold team members & contractors.
- Expert knowledge in construction safety standards with ability to drive safety culture.
- Strong understanding of risk management.
- Results oriented with extremely high work ethic, stringent quality standards and can-do attitude.
- Experience with cold weather operations.
How to Apply:
We ask that any interested candidates submit your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “Construction Manager” in the subject line. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from minorities and other disadvantaged groups.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.Apply Now