Cost Controller / Project Controls Specialist - January 17, 2023
BW Gold Ltd. is a subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc., listed on the TSX Venture exchange, a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Our current focus is the recently acquired Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia approximately 160km southwest of Prince George and 450km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization with strong financials and depth of experience that is focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. You will have the ability to make a significant contribution to the project team as the Company pursues the disciplined development of the Blackwater Project. Blackwater is an advanced-stage development project which received its environmental assessment approvals in 2019 and is proceeding towards final permitting. Early works construction activities are underway to prepare for major works commencing early 2023. The Company published a Feasibility Study in September 2021 which reflects a 22-year mine life, a low strip ratio of 2:1 and a net present value of C$2.15B at a long-term consensus gold price of US$1,600/oz.
The role will be full time and based in Vancouver, however some travel to the company’s other office locations and the Blackwater mine site will be required. The Blackwater Project is 165 km Southwest of Prince George, BC.
This is a unique opportunity to join an experienced team early in the detailed engineering and construction phase and to contribute to the success of a flagship project for the province. The position will report to the Senior Project & Contracts Engineer and be responsible for project wide cost control and support the project control’s function.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Ensure all activities are conducted in a manner that prioritizes safety, the environment and community, and industrial relations.
- Demonstrate courageous leadership by promoting a safe work environment, ensuring compliance with BW Gold’s Health, Safety and Environmental Programs and the BC Mines Act.
- Interface with field engineers, surveyors, and construction crews to track and report progress on a key quantity basis.
- Manage estimating and budgeting activities working closely with engineering, and finance departments.
- Earned value management and deliverables.
- Be a gate keeper for the change management process.
- Weekly and monthly reporting.
- Work in a team environment and share skills/experience with other members of the team.
- 5 - 10 years’ experience delivering pre-construction and post contract construction cost services.
- A recognised qualification from a higher educational institution in quantity surveying or related field.
- Membership of relevant professional organizations such as the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (CIQS); The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS); and/or Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE).
- Detailed understanding and experience with implementing cost controls including estimating, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Experienced in working closely with multi-disciplinary teams in a heavy industrial project development setting.
- Recent mining project experience would be a strong asset, but other major capital project experience in the region could be transferable.
- Experience working for an EPC/EPCm firm, construction contractor, or an Owner during the project development phase.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible team player.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply:
We ask that any qualified candidates submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “Project Cost Controller / Project Controls Specialist” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, or any other basis protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples. We would like to thank all of those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.Apply Now